Cases Reports
Highlighted Cases
Media Alert

Violations in China
Murder and Execution
Violence Leading to Disabilities
Violence against Women
Psychiatric Torture
Persecution of Families
Violence against Persons with Disabilies
Right to Education
Violence against Foreign Citizens

Psychiatric Torture
Religious Intolerance
Freedom of Expression
Arbitrary Detention
Violence Against Children
Violence Against Families
Violence Against Women
Human Rights Defender
Right to Health
Right to Education
Independent Judges and Lawyers

China Reports
Labor Camps
Cases By Province

Deprived CitizenShip
Internally Displaced ( IDP )

Falun Gong Reports
United Nations Reports
Human Rights Reports

Falun Info. Center
Justice for Falun Gong
Friends of Falun Gong
United Nations
Husband and Wife Killed by Persecution; Six-Year-Old Daughter Orphaned  
Print  E-mail 



Mr. Huang Ke was born in 1972. He worked for the Tenth Research Office of Fushun Petroleum Chemical Industry Research Institute in Liaoning Province. Ms. Zhong Yunxiu was born in 1973 and was an English teacher at Beisanjia Town Middle School in Qingyuan County, Fushun City.

On July 21, 1999, Ms. Zhong and Mr. Huang went to Beijing to appeal to the government to stop the persecution. The following day, the state-run media began a massive anti-Falun Gong propaganda campaign. Because the Beijing police searched hotels for Falun Gong practitioners and arrested them at will, the couple did not stay in a hotel and instead spent the night on the streets. However, police found them, arrested them, and put them with other practitioners on a train to send them back home. Mr. Huang and Ms. Zhong were able to escape, and they returned to Beijing to resume their appeal.


At the end of September 1999, both of them were arrested in the Jietaisi area of Beijing. Police sent them back to Fushun City by train. On the way, Ms. Zhong jumped out of the train trying to avoid further persecution; she died at the age of 26.


After Ms. Zhong died, the Fushun City Politics and Law Commission and the Police Station detained Mr. Huang. He was not released until just before the Chinese New Year of 2000, when his relatives paid the police a 5,000 Yuan fine. Around March 2000, Mr. Huang’s employer colluded with the Politics and Law Commission and the local police station to send him to a brainwashing center at Fushun Labor Camp in Fushun City. They released him after several months of detention, but they did not allow him to return to work.


Near the end of 2000, Mr. Huang saw the persecution escalating daily and went to Beijing once again to appeal to the government. He unfurled a banner reading, “Falun Dafa is good” in Tiananmen Square. The police arrested him and detained him in Fushun City. It was not until he was tortured and on the brink of death that the police informed his employer and his family. He was then carried back home. Before he was able to recover, he was sent to a detention center and then to a labor camp. He was released several months later.


At the end of 2001, Mr. Huang’s employer colluded with the Neighborhood Management Department to send him to a labor camp for several months. On March 18, 2003, when he was painting “Falun Dafa is good” on a wall, an elderly woman who was deceived by the anti-Falun Gong propaganda reported him to the police. Officers from the Guangming Police Station arrested him and sent him to a detention center. He was later sentenced to seven years in prison. Mr. Huang began a hunger strike to protest the mistreatment. The prison guards then ordered criminals to force-feed him. Later, he was sent to a hospital to be force-fed. After more than ten days of torture, Mr. Huang was again near death. The police sent him for emergency treatment and then released him to avoid any responsibility for his death.


In late June 2003, police from the Guangming Police Station in Wanghua District of Fushun City arrested Mr. Huang again and detained him in the Fushun First Detention Center. He went on a hunger strike and suffered several force-feedings. After ten days of torture, he died in police custody at 6:00 a.m. on July 3, 2003. His six-year-old daughter Xinyu became an orphan and Mr. Huang’s parents lost their son.

type=Case, Death; type=Case, Family; type=Case, Arbitrary Detention; type=Detention Center, Fushun First Detention Center; location=Liaoning, Fushun;

    ©2003-2007 Falun Gong Human Rights Working Group, All Rights Reserved