Cases Reports
Highlighted Cases
Media Alert

Violations in China
Murder and Execution
Violence Leading to Disabilities
Violence against Women
Psychiatric Torture
Persecution of Families
Violence against Persons with Disabilies
Right to Education
Violence against Foreign Citizens

Psychiatric Torture
Religious Intolerance
Freedom of Expression
Arbitrary Detention
Violence Against Children
Violence Against Families
Violence Against Women
Human Rights Defender
Right to Health
Right to Education
Independent Judges and Lawyers

China Reports
Labor Camps
Cases By Province

Deprived CitizenShip
Internally Displaced ( IDP )

Falun Gong Reports
United Nations Reports
Human Rights Reports

Falun Info. Center
Justice for Falun Gong
Friends of Falun Gong
United Nations
Unfurled Banner on Tiananmen Square and Died in the Labor Camp  
Print  E-mail 



Ms. Yin Shuyun, age 46, lived in Changchun City, Jilin Province. In October 1999, she went to Beijing to appeal to the government to stop the persecution of Falun Gong and was detained for 15 days. On January 1, 2000, she was arrested and detained again for a period of 15 days because she practiced the Falun Gong exercises in public.


On March 6, 2000, she traveled to Beijing again, and was arrested while unfurling a Falun Gong banner on Tiananmen Square.


At the Tiananmen Square Police Station, the police beat her, banged her head against a wall repeatedly and shocked her with electric batons. As a result, her face was covered in black and blue marks, and her eyes were swollen shut. She was sent back to Changchun City and sentenced to one year of forced labor at the Heizuizi Labor Camp in Changchun City.


On one occasion when Ms. Ying said, “Falun Dafa is good,” the No. 2 Division Chief Liu Lianyin and several other officers brutally beat her. As they continued to beat her, they asked, “Do you still want to practice or not?” They shocked her whole body with electric batons, including her mouth, and also kicked her in the stomach repeatedly. Then they grabbed her hair, pulled out handfuls of it, and pounded her head against the wall until she bled profusely.


Ms. Yin continued to persevere in her belief in Falun Gong and on the afternoon of May 28, 2000, she died as a result of the above torture. The labor camp refused to give her family an explanation of her death. Her body was cremated on June 1, 2000, in Changchun City.

type=Case, Death; type=Case, Women; type=Labor Camp, Heizuizi Labor Camp; location=Jilin, Changchun;

    ©2003-2007 Falun Gong Human Rights Working Group, All Rights Reserved