Cases Reports
Highlighted Cases
Media Alert

Violations in China
Murder and Execution
Violence Leading to Disabilities
Violence against Women
Psychiatric Torture
Persecution of Families
Violence against Persons with Disabilies
Right to Education
Violence against Foreign Citizens

Psychiatric Torture
Religious Intolerance
Freedom of Expression
Arbitrary Detention
Violence Against Children
Violence Against Families
Violence Against Women
Human Rights Defender
Right to Health
Right to Education
Independent Judges and Lawyers

China Reports
Labor Camps
Cases By Province

Deprived CitizenShip
Internally Displaced ( IDP )

Falun Gong Reports
United Nations Reports
Human Rights Reports

Falun Info. Center
Justice for Falun Gong
Friends of Falun Gong
United Nations
How I lost My Feet Because I Distributing Falun Gong Flyers  
Print  E-mail 


Mr. Wang Xinchunís feet dropped off after torture

Mr. Wang Xinchunís feet dropped off after torture


My name is Wang Xinchun, I am a 29-year-old resident of the Fengmao Forestry Center, Jinsantun District, Yichun City, Heilongjiang Province. I have practiced Falun Gong since 1998, and my health have improved tremendously since then.


After the central government banned practicing Falun Gong, I was sentenced to forced labor for practicing Falun Gong. After I was released in October 2001.


On January 8, 2002, when I was distributing Falun Gong flyers, Wang Wei and other policemen from the Jinsantun Police Station tried to arrest me. I managed to escape. They chased me several miles. During the escape, I accidentally fell into a frozen river, and my legs were covered with ice. Later, they caught me and took me to the Fenggou Police Station. At the police station, under the orders of Wang Wei and Cui Yuzhong, Director of the station, a policeman forced my frozen feet into hot water (note: thawing feet in this way will greatly increase the severity of frostbite injury). Then they slapped my face and beat me on the chest. My feet and legs were swollen badly and covered with blisters because of the hot water. In the evening they sent me home. I was unable to walk. To cover up their torture, the local authorities spread the rumor that I had used hot water to melt the ice on my feet, and caused the disability myself. My feet and legs festered and their condition worsened. In November 2002, my feet dropped off because of the festering. I am permanently disabled.


Because I told people how I had become disabled, on November 28, 2003, police Wang Shoumin ransacked my home, destroyed my electric devices and then beat my chest and my disabled legs, which caused my unhealed wounds to bleed. They sent people to watch me every day. I was not even allowed to go out to buy my daily necessities.


On May 16, 2004, I managed to go out over 10 miles away with my wheel chair, five policemen arrested me and took me to the police station. To prevent me from exposing the torture, they confiscated my wheel chair.


On May 18, 2004, when I crawled to the local police office to ask for my wheel chair back, policemen Dong Shuhua and Xue Shenlin beat me with a wooden baton and a spade.


My mother Wang Guixiang, also a practitioner, was arrested in May 2002, and tortured. She is still being detained in the Harbin Drug Rehabilitation Center.


My father was interrogated, tortured, and threatened because I exposed the facts of the torture I suffered.


My friends were also beaten and threatened, and have not been allowed to visit me since I became disabled.


type=Case, Torture; type=Case, Expression; location=Heilongjiang, Yichun

    ©2003-2007 Falun Gong Human Rights Working Group, All Rights Reserved