Cases Reports
Highlighted Cases
Media Alert

Violations in China
Murder and Execution
Violence Leading to Disabilities
Violence against Women
Psychiatric Torture
Persecution of Families
Violence against Persons with Disabilies
Right to Education
Violence against Foreign Citizens

Psychiatric Torture
Religious Intolerance
Freedom of Expression
Arbitrary Detention
Violence Against Children
Violence Against Families
Violence Against Women
Human Rights Defender
Right to Health
Right to Education
Independent Judges and Lawyers

China Reports
Labor Camps
Cases By Province

Deprived CitizenShip
Internally Displaced ( IDP )

Falun Gong Reports
United Nations Reports
Human Rights Reports

Falun Info. Center
Justice for Falun Gong
Friends of Falun Gong
United Nations
Formerly Healthy Man Died of Untreated Internal Injuries for Practicing Falun Gong  
Print  E-mail 



Mr. Wang Hengyou was an employee of the Dayan Mining Company Power Plant in Ewenke Banner, Hulunbeier City, Inner Mongolia. After he practiced Falun Gong, he was well known in his company for his outstanding performance at work, and his mind and health improved. On April 19, 2002, he was arrested and sent to the Dayanbeihe Detention Center, because he continued practicing Falun Gong after the central government banned Falun Gong. In the detention center, two policemen Dong Jie and Yu He from the Haiyan Police Station of Dayan District interrogated him. They hit his head with broom handles until they broke into small pieces. Then they grabbed his hair and slammed his head repeatedly against a concrete wall. As a result, bunches of his hair fell out, and he became unconscious. Later they kicked his genitals with their boots. Mr. Wang couldn't catch his breath and sweat rolled down his face. Finally he passed out again. His genitals became very swollen from being repeatedly kicked.


On September 2, 2002, he was transferred to the Tumuji Labor Camp in Xinganmeng, Inner Mongolia, where he was again tortured because he refused to give up practicing Falun Gong. He was deprived of sleep for a long period of time. Due to the constant torture, he became extremely weak. He often felt pain in his head and stomach. He also had difficulty catching his breath. Not long after, he became bedridden and was on the verge of death. Not wanting to take responsibility for his impending death, the labor camp authorities planned to release him on medical parole. However, the Director of the Haiyan Police Station, Wei Honggui, refused it. On November 5, 2003, Mr. Wang was finally bailed out for medical treatment. At that time, he was emaciated and near death. Even after he returned home, the local police still kept coming to his home to harass him. Because "unreformed" practitioners are denied medical care by the state-run hospitals, his internal injuries went untreated, and his condition just grew worse and worse. On April 4, 2004, he passed away at age 47.

type=Case,Death; type=Case, Torture; type=Case, Right to Health; type=Detention Center, Dayanbeihe Detention Center; type=Labor Camp, Tumuji Labor Camp; location=Inner Mongolia, Hulunbeier

    ©2003-2007 Falun Gong Human Rights Working Group, All Rights Reserved