Cases Reports
Highlighted Cases
Media Alert

Violations in China
Murder and Execution
Violence Leading to Disabilities
Violence against Women
Psychiatric Torture
Persecution of Families
Violence against Persons with Disabilies
Right to Education
Violence against Foreign Citizens

Psychiatric Torture
Religious Intolerance
Freedom of Expression
Arbitrary Detention
Violence Against Children
Violence Against Families
Violence Against Women
Human Rights Defender
Right to Health
Right to Education
Independent Judges and Lawyers

China Reports
Labor Camps
Cases By Province

Deprived CitizenShip
Internally Displaced ( IDP )

Falun Gong Reports
United Nations Reports
Human Rights Reports

Falun Info. Center
Justice for Falun Gong
Friends of Falun Gong
United Nations
Practitioner Brutally Tortured at Jiutai Labor Camp with Salt Forced into His Torture Wounds  
Print  E-mail 


Mr. Huang Yuedong, male, is resident of Jilin Province. He was detained at Jiutai Labor Camp in Jilin Province, because he practiced Falun Gong. On March 20, 2002, the Jiutai Labor Camp authorities began anew a round of extended persecution, in an attempt to force practitioners to give up their beliefs. Chief Meng ordered guards and inmates to torture Falun Gong practitioners daily, using various extreme means.


The team leader Shi Chunfeng led a group of guards and criminals, who stripped off Mr. Huang’s clothes. They then held him down against the floor, which was covered with a plastic tarp. In order to augment the shocking force of their electric batons, they poured cold water onto the tarp. They used electric batons to shock various sensitive parts of his body. Then, they used leather belts dipped into cold water to whip him. Because Mr. Huang still refused to renounce Falun Gong, they tied him to a bed, cuffing his hands and feet. They had prepared two plastic PVC pipes, each about a foot in length, with one end cut to give them a jagged edge. They proceeded to twist these pipes deep into both his armpits, making large, gaping wounds in that area, wounds so deep that the movement of Mr. Huang’s lungs could be seen through the pleural membrane. They also twisted a deep hole into each of Mr. Huang's legs, wounds leaving bone exposed. Then, they put salt into the four wounds they had created, and inflicted further pain by forcing the salt into the wounds with a toothbrush. To torture Mr. Huang even further, they shocked him deep inside the wounds with electric batons. Since he still refused to give up Falun Gong, they put half-inch-thick cotton string between Mr. Huang's toes. They lit the string on fire and fanned the flame, torturing him even further.


Over 6 months later, scars the size of a quarter coin were still clearly visible on both of Mr. Huang’s feet. Because the wounds under his armpits were so large, they became infected, the flesh did not grow back. The camp clinic could do nothing to fix the problem. Mr. Huang was then transferred to the Jiutai City Hospital for treatment. When the a hospital doctor and nurse asked about the cause of the wounds, the Jiutai Labor Camp authorities lied, and said that Mr. Huang had been hit by an automobile.


In 2003, Mr. Huang managed to escape from Jiutai Labor Camp. His whereabouts are still unknown.

type=Case, Torture; type=Labor Camp, Jiutai Labor Camp; location=Jilin, Jiutai

    ©2003-2007 Falun Gong Human Rights Working Group, All Rights Reserved