Cases Reports
Highlighted Cases
Media Alert

Violations in China
Murder and Execution
Violence Leading to Disabilities
Violence against Women
Psychiatric Torture
Persecution of Families
Violence against Persons with Disabilies
Right to Education
Violence against Foreign Citizens

Psychiatric Torture
Religious Intolerance
Freedom of Expression
Arbitrary Detention
Violence Against Children
Violence Against Families
Violence Against Women
Human Rights Defender
Right to Health
Right to Education
Independent Judges and Lawyers

China Reports
Labor Camps
Cases By Province

Deprived CitizenShip
Internally Displaced ( IDP )

Falun Gong Reports
United Nations Reports
Human Rights Reports

Falun Info. Center
Justice for Falun Gong
Friends of Falun Gong
United Nations
For Their Belief, Middle School Teacher Jailed, Husband Arrested, Child Becomes Homeless  
Print  E-mail 


Ms. Xing Yuzhen, was a 42-year-old senior teacher at the Daqing City Sixth Middle School, Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province. Her husband, Mr. Jiang Nianxiang, was a mining engineer. They has a 14-year-old child; Ms. Xing’s mother-in-law also lived with them. They have a lot of health benefits by practicing Falun Gong. They were a happy family. However, after the central government started persecuting Falun Gong, that happiness was shattered.


During the period from June to December 2000, Ms. Xing went to Beijing three times to appeal to the government to stop the persecution of Falun Gong. Each time, she was arrested and detained. Once, she was detained for 75 days in Daqing City and forcibly brainwashed for 18 days. During detention, she went on a hunger strike. As a result, she was tortured and force-fed.


After she was released, she was forced to become homeless to avoid further persecution.

On May 11, 2001, she was arrested again and sent to the Daqing City Detention Center, where she went on a hunger strike for 40 days and was force-fed. Later, she was sentenced to one year of forced labor in the Harbin Drug Rehabilitation Center. There, she went on hunger strike for 39 days. The police force-fed her and claimed that it cost more than a thousand Yuan. They ordered her family to pay this cost. She was released on May 11, 2002.


Since she continued to practice Falun Gong, in the early morning on September 6, 2002, police from the Rangu District Police Station arrested her from her home, and detained her at the Daqing City Detention Center, where she went on a hunger strike for more than one month. Every day the police ordered inmates to force-feed her. Then she was transferred to the Saqu District Detention Center, where she continued the hunger strike.

On December 3, 2002, she was transferred to the Harbin Drug Rehabilitation Center, and was later sentenced to three years of forced labor. Because the authorities blocked all information about her, her current condition in the labor camp is unknown.


Her husband was dismissed from his job because he practices Falun Gong. In the early morning on September 6, 2002, police from the Rangu District Police Station arrested him at home.


Ms. Xing’s ailing mother-in-law passed away in October 2003 because she was unable to endure the shock and worry after the couple’s arrest.


In three years, their child had lost his parents’ love, and witnessed his mom and dad being arbitrarily detained and tortured. His grandmother could not handle the pressure and passed away. He was also expelled from school and forced to become homeless because his parents practiced Falun Gong. It is said that a relative adopted the child.

    ©2003-2007 Falun Gong Human Rights Working Group, All Rights Reserved