Cases Reports
Highlighted Cases
Media Alert

Violations in China
Murder and Execution
Violence Leading to Disabilities
Violence against Women
Psychiatric Torture
Persecution of Families
Violence against Persons with Disabilies
Right to Education
Violence against Foreign Citizens

Psychiatric Torture
Religious Intolerance
Freedom of Expression
Arbitrary Detention
Violence Against Children
Violence Against Families
Violence Against Women
Human Rights Defender
Right to Health
Right to Education
Independent Judges and Lawyers

China Reports
Labor Camps
Cases By Province

Deprived CitizenShip
Internally Displaced ( IDP )

Falun Gong Reports
United Nations Reports
Human Rights Reports

Falun Info. Center
Justice for Falun Gong
Friends of Falun Gong
United Nations
Wang Suping Detained Eight Times and Became Homeless for Her Belief in Falun Gong  
Print  E-mail 


Ms. Wang Suping, female, is a resident of Daliutong Village, Nansun Township, Hanting District, Weifang City, Shandong Province.


In late 1999, when Ms. Wang was on her way to Beijing to appeal to the government to stop the persecution of Falun Gong, the police intercepted her, and escorted her back to her hometown. She was detained in the township government office for six days. After she was released, the local police station often went to her home to harass her family members. One police car was stationed in front of the entrance to her home for more than one month.


In February 2000, Ms. Wang was arrested again because she went to Beijing to appeal. At the township government office, she was handcuffed to a heating radiator for four days and nights. Qu Jingli, head of the Political and Law Committee, threatened that if she refused to give up Falun Gong, she would be sentenced, or her family members would not be allowed to work or to go to school. Since she refused to give up her belief, her father was threatened, shocked with electric batons, and became bedridden due to physical effect of his treatment; her husband was forced to pay 2,000 Yuan to get her released. However, after he paid the required amount, Ms. Wang was still not released, and was detained in a local detention center for 15 days. Then she was detained in a garage at the township government office building for 17 days, where she was given only a small amount of food. Since her father was on the verge of death, her family members repeatedly requested her release so that she could visit her dying father. The authorities refused. Therefore she went on a hunger strike for two days to protest the detention. She was only released after the authorities forced her family members to promise that she would not appeal anymore.


Between April 2000 and September 2001, Ms. Wang was detained five times because she refused to renounce her practice of Falun Gong. During her detentions, police and guards beat her, forced her to squat for a long period of time, and deprived her of sleep. As a result, her body was covered with black and blue bruises, her ears were bleeding, her face was deformed, and one of her teeth was broken. She went on a hunger strike to protest the torture, and suffered force-feeding. After the torture, she became very weak, and she was extremely skinny. She had difficulty walking. She was only released when she was too weak to force-feed, and the authorities were afraid she might die in custody.


After Ms. Wang returned home, local police continued to harass her. To prevent further persecution, she was forced to leave home and wander the streets.

After Ms. Wang left home, the authorities and police often went to her home to threaten her family members into disclosing her whereabouts. The police forcibly handcuffed Ms. Wang’s husband to a power pole. It was a rainy day, and her husband was drenched. The police detained Ms. Wang’s husband and son for one night before releasing them.

    ©2003-2007 Falun Gong Human Rights Working Group, All Rights Reserved