Cases Reports
Highlighted Cases
Media Alert

Violations in China
Murder and Execution
Violence Leading to Disabilities
Violence against Women
Psychiatric Torture
Persecution of Families
Violence against Persons with Disabilies
Right to Education
Violence against Foreign Citizens

Psychiatric Torture
Religious Intolerance
Freedom of Expression
Arbitrary Detention
Violence Against Children
Violence Against Families
Violence Against Women
Human Rights Defender
Right to Health
Right to Education
Independent Judges and Lawyers

China Reports
Labor Camps
Cases By Province

Deprived CitizenShip
Internally Displaced ( IDP )

Falun Gong Reports
United Nations Reports
Human Rights Reports

Falun Info. Center
Justice for Falun Gong
Friends of Falun Gong
United Nations
Daqing City Falun Gong Practitioners Being Brutally Tortured for Their Belief  
Print  E-mail 


Mr. Zhan Yinge, 54 years old, former employee of the Material Production Workplace of the Linyuan Refinery Factory. On June 18, 2000, Mr. Zhan did the Falun Gong group exercises in public. For this the police detained him at the Longfeng Detention Center. The guards incited the inmates to beat him. Forty-five days later, he was transferred to the 3rd brigade of the Daqing Forced Labor Camp where he was whipped with willow sticks and subjected to such torture as fingers being squeezed between toothbrushes, “Riding an airplane,”[1] and being shocked with electric batons. They also forced him to do hard labor. If he did not finish a certain amount of work in a certain time, they would starve him. At the end of 2000, he went to Beijing to appeal to the government to stop the persecution of Falun Gong, so they detained him at the Daqing Detention Center. One month later, he was transferred to the Daqing City Sa District Detention Center where he was subjected to severe beatings and other physical punishment. He was released one and a half months later. On August 10, 2001, he was arrested and taken to the Daqing City Datong Detention Center, where he went on a hunger strike to protest the abuse. On the 16th day of his hunger strike, he was sent to the Daqing Forced Labor Camp. He was sent back home later because of deteriorated health caused by the torture. Around 11 a.m. on September 10, 2001, Mr. Zhan and his wife were on their way home from shopping. Three policemen, Dong Fengtong, Gong Bo and Li Tieyan, forcefully abducted Mr. Zhan in a police van and sent him back to the Daqing Labor Camp. He went on a hunger strike, however, the guards tortured him by force-feeding him.



Ms. Du Juan, 24 years old, lived at the Linyuan Oil Refinery Factory. In March 2000 She was detained for one month at the Daqing City Detention Center because she practiced Falun Gong. She was then transferred to the Sa District Detention Center, and detained there for 45 days. There, the head and disciplinary guards swore at her many times. In addition, Yu Qingguang of the Political and Security Department of the Public Security Bureau of the Linyuan Oil Refinery Factory extorted 2,000 Yuan from her. On June 18, 2000, she was detained at Zhaozhou Detention Center for thirty-eight days for doing the Falun Gong exercises. While there she was physically and mentally abused. She was then sentenced to one year of forced labor in the Qiqihar City Shuanghe Forced Labor Camp. In the labor camp, she was forced to watch and read anti-Falun Gong materials, and forced to do hard labor. In November 2001, she was released. District police and her local Neighborhood Community Committee members continued to harass her. Currently, she is away from her home to avoid further persecution.


Ms. Huang Wenying, 45 years old, worked at the Senior Cadre Office of the Linyuan Oil Refinery Factory in Daqing City. Ms. Huang lived at 7-4-601 of the 14 District Residency Apartment. In December 1999 Ms. Huang went to Tiananmen Square in Beijing to appeal to the government to stop persecuting Falun Gong. She was arrested and detained at a security office at Tiananmen Square. The Daqing City Liaison Office in Beijing sent policemen to escort her back to their office. She was forced to take off her shoes and belt, and was handcuffed to a table. When she returned to her hometown she was detained for another half month, her home was searched, and her Falun Gong books were confiscated. On June 18, 2000, because Ms. Huang did the Falun Gong exercises in the public. Police from the Public Security Bureau (Linyuan Branch) kicked her brutally. The kicking damaged her right leg so severely that she could not get out of bed.


Two or three policemen were dispatched to her home. They interrogated her and searched her home for four consecutive days. On July 25, 2000, policeman Jin Guoqing and others deceived Ms. Huang’s relatives and forcibly sent her to the Qiqihar City Shuanghe Forced Labor Camp for a one-year term. Her leg had not healed. On August 3, 2000, she was forcibly taken to the Qiqihar City Public Security Bureau Hospital to have an exam. Despite of her leg was found to have been fractured in three places. On August 10, she was still sent back to the Daqing Detention Center. On August 21, because her leg’s condition, her family was told to take her home. At 5:15 a.m. on April 4, 2001, Han Binfa ordered policemen Dong Fengtong, Gong Bo and Guo Yongto to go to her home, forcefully carry her to the police car, and drive her to the Harbin Province Drug Rehabilitation Center, which is known as a brainwashing center established to persecute Falun Gong practitioners.


Mr. Du Guocong, 51 years old, was a worker in the car-washing department of the Linyuan Oil Refinery Factory in Daqing City. In December 1999, he was detained for 15 days for going to Beijing to appeal to the central government to stop persecuting Falun Gong pracitioners. On December 5, 2000, he was arrested again for the same reason, and sent to the Daqing City Forced Labor Camp. In the camp, the guards incited the inmates to beat him, swear at him, deny him food, and pour cold water all over his body in freezing temperatures. While Mr. Du was shaking from the cold and unable to talk from the torture, they forced him to run. He was also forced to squat down or stand in whatever postures the inmates demanded, and he was humiliated and beaten up until severely injured. The police incited inmates to strip off Mr. Du’s clothing and force him to walk around in front of all the cells while the police ordered the approximately 30 prisoners to view his wounds. The police once beat Mr. Du with a 1-inch diameter rubber club, leaving his body covered with cuts, black and blue bruises, and a bloody nose.


On August 1, 2001,  policeman Wang Yingzhou, head of the third brigade, together with six other policemen (brigade head Qing Zhichun, brigade head Hu Songping, Huo Xiting, Zhang Zhankun, Zhang Jinsheng and Fu Neiqin) and several criminals (Jia Hongjiang, Mao Wenchen, and Wang Yongbo, etc.), tortured Mr. Du from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. They handcuffed him, pried open his mouth with a wood stick and force-fed him with high-concentration salt water; poured four basins of water all over him; forced him to sit in highly-concentrated salt water for more than one hour; tortured him twice with “Tying the Ropes;”[2] and they forced him to kneel on the ground while they forcefully stepped on and kicked his chest and back with leather boots, wounding his left ribs. They swore at Mr. Du, and said that they would stab him in the heart with a half-meter long hog slaughtering knife, twist it until he died from bleeding, and then throw his body away like a dead chicken.  







[1] In this torture, the head is bent down until it cannot go down any further, while the hands are pulled up and held up to the highest point. The hips have to point up. One is forced to keep this position unchanged for a long time. The body in this position looks like the shape of an airplane, which is how this torture is named.

[2] The police tie up the practitioner with a thin rope, circle the rope around his neck, and tie his hands behind his back. Then the police use all the force they can muster to tighten the rope. The rope becomes tighter and tighter around the body of the practitioner, and makes it more and more difficult for him to breathe. The pain is so intense that the practitioner sometimes loses control of his bladder. There are instances when the rope was tightened enough to break the practitioner’s arm.

    ©2003-2007 Falun Gong Human Rights Working Group, All Rights Reserved