Cases Reports
Highlighted Cases
Media Alert

Violations in China
Murder and Execution
Violence Leading to Disabilities
Violence against Women
Psychiatric Torture
Persecution of Families
Violence against Persons with Disabilies
Right to Education
Violence against Foreign Citizens

Psychiatric Torture
Religious Intolerance
Freedom of Expression
Arbitrary Detention
Violence Against Children
Violence Against Families
Violence Against Women
Human Rights Defender
Right to Health
Right to Education
Independent Judges and Lawyers

China Reports
Labor Camps
Cases By Province

Deprived CitizenShip
Internally Displaced ( IDP )

Falun Gong Reports
United Nations Reports
Human Rights Reports

Falun Info. Center
Justice for Falun Gong
Friends of Falun Gong
United Nations
The Persecution of a 14-Year-Old and Her Family  
Print  E-mail 


On September 16, 1999, at approximately 9 p.m., the police broke into the home of fifty-two-year-old Mr. Wang Guihe in Nanchang City, Jiangxi Province, and arrested him, his wife Ms. Zhong Yu (37-year-old), his 83-year-old mother Ms. Li Guozhen and the couple’s fourteen-year-old daughter Wang Yuli. They were arrested because they practiced Falun Gong. Yuli and her grandmother were released the next day. When they returned home, they found that not only had all of the Falun Gong books and materials been confiscated, but also all the money they kept in the house had been taken.  Yuli’s mother was kept in police custody for more than 20 days.


Her father, Wang Guihe, was detained in the Nanchang Forced Labor camp.


Due to pressure from the government, his company fired him on the second day of his arrest. He was sentenced to one year in a forced labor camp.  On December 25, 1999, when Yuli and her family were allowed to see her father, they were shocked at how frail he looked because of the brutal torture and up to 18 hours a day of hard labor he had endured.


In February 2000, her mother was arrested again for making two phone calls to her overseas relatives (who are also Falun Gong practitioners). Yuli and her 83-year-old grandmother were left at home again with no money. Her mother was released after more than two months of torture. Her father, Mr. Wang, was not released until July 2000.


On December 16, 2000, Yuli, her mother, grandmother, and father went to Beijing to tell the truth about Falun Gong to the government. They were arrested on December 19 in Tiananmen Square. They were beaten very badly while being detained.


Yuli was returned to her home in Nanchang City. She had to live alone because the rest of her family was being held in custody. Her grandmother was released on January 10, 2001. Later, Yuli and her grandmother were arrested again and sent to Nanchang No. 27 North Road Detention Center. They were to be kept there for three months. The police said that they would not be released until they paid a fine of 40,000 Yuan. Yuli’s mother and father have been sentenced to a forced labor camp and the police will not tell the family where they are being detained.


type=Case, Children; type=Case, Family; type=Detention Center, Nanchang No. 27 North Road Detention Center; location=Jiangxi, Nanchang;

    ©2003-2007 Falun Gong Human Rights Working Group, All Rights Reserved