Cases Reports
Highlighted Cases
Media Alert

Violations in China
Murder and Execution
Violence Leading to Disabilities
Violence against Women
Psychiatric Torture
Persecution of Families
Violence against Persons with Disabilies
Right to Education
Violence against Foreign Citizens

Psychiatric Torture
Religious Intolerance
Freedom of Expression
Arbitrary Detention
Violence Against Children
Violence Against Families
Violence Against Women
Human Rights Defender
Right to Health
Right to Education
Independent Judges and Lawyers

China Reports
Labor Camps
Cases By Province

Deprived CitizenShip
Internally Displaced ( IDP )

Falun Gong Reports
United Nations Reports
Human Rights Reports

Falun Info. Center
Justice for Falun Gong
Friends of Falun Gong
United Nations
A Sixteen-Year-old High School Student Was Forcibly Taken to the Brain-Washing Center  
Print  E-mail 

Victim:  a 16-year-old high school student, Fangshan District, Beijing


Location: Fangshan District, Beijing



A 16-year-old high school student and his mother went to Zhongnanhai, the location of central government officers, to appeal for Falun Gong and practice Falun Gong outdoors. Since then, the officers from their local police station have been harassing him at school and at home. His parents have been detained many times for practicing Falun Gong.


Once, when his parents were detained, the police came to his school and took him to the principal's office. The police surrounded and scolded him.  They also told him to ask his parents to give up practicing Falun Gong.  Otherwise, they will never let him see them again.  When he refused, the police took turns to bombard him with threats and pressure.  After that visit, they went to his school several more times to harass him.


On April 31, 2001, the police told him that he could "visit his mother and stay with her for two days." However, they took him to Hulufa brainwashing center in the Fangshan District and forced him to write a statement to renounce Falun Gong. They told him, "You can not leave unless you write the statement."


In the brainwashing center, they instilled him with various lies and pressure.  He came close to the edge of mental collapse.  In a state of confusion due to lies and duress, he wrote the statement to renounce Falun Gong.


In an evening in September 2002, which is not long after his release, the local police once again forcibly took and his father to Hulufa brain-washing center.  The Bureau of Education instructed the principal at his school to assign a teacher to accompany and “influence” him while he was in the brainwashing center. Every day, he was forced to listen to all kinds of lies, which made him depress and felt too painful to live.  They even asked him to assist in the arrest of his mother, who had to leave home in order to avoid the persecution.  Once again, he was on the verge of mental breakdown.   


The police did not release him until after he wrote another statement to renounce Falun Gong.  To avoid harassment and being sent to the brainwashing center, he was forced to leave his school and home.  

type=Case, Children; type=Case, Family; type=Case, Education; location=Beijing;

    ©2003-2007 Falun Gong Human Rights Working Group, All Rights Reserved