Cases Reports
Highlighted Cases
Media Alert

Violations in China
Murder and Execution
Violence Leading to Disabilities
Violence against Women
Psychiatric Torture
Persecution of Families
Violence against Persons with Disabilies
Right to Education
Violence against Foreign Citizens

Psychiatric Torture
Religious Intolerance
Freedom of Expression
Arbitrary Detention
Violence Against Children
Violence Against Families
Violence Against Women
Human Rights Defender
Right to Health
Right to Education
Independent Judges and Lawyers

China Reports
Labor Camps
Cases By Province

Deprived CitizenShip
Internally Displaced ( IDP )

Falun Gong Reports
United Nations Reports
Human Rights Reports

Falun Info. Center
Justice for Falun Gong
Friends of Falun Gong
United Nations
Zhao Lianxin Repeatedly Detained and Tortured  
Print  E-mail 


Mr. Zhao Lianxin, male, in his 30ís, ran his own business in Gangtun Town, Lianshan District, Huludao City, Liaoning Province. In October 1999, because Mr. Zhao is a Falun Gong practitioner, he was detained for 15 days and fined 2,000 Yuan.


In late November 1999, acting within his rights as a Chinese citizen, Mr. Zhao went to Beijing to appeal to the government to stop the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners. He was detained for 30 days and fined another 2,000 Yuan.


In March 2000, Mr. Zhaoís home was ransacked and he detained for a month. On April 25, 2000, he went to Beijing to appeal again and was detained for another month. On June 8, 2000, he was arrested again and detained for 15 days, then sentenced to one year forced labor.


After being badly tortured for three months in the labor camp, Mr. Zhao was sent to the Xin District Hospital of Huludao City. He was force-fed and force-injected with some unknown drugs. The police also shocked him with electric batons on his face, neck, back and penis. They even inserted an electric baton into his anus to shock him. Mr. Zhao became unconscious and his body was covered with blood, his head became black and blue and he was not able to open his eyes because of the swelling. This brutal torture lasted for four days. Later, Mr. Zhao was transferred to Jinzhou Labor Camp. There were 6 prisoners specifically assigned to torture him for 4 months. They beat and force-fed him many times.


In May 2001 when it was time to release Mr. Zhao, the police of the labor camp extended his term to September. In September 2001, they still refused to release him until his family paid 10,000 Yuan.


 On February 3, 2002, Mr. Zhao was arrested again and sent to Huludao Detention Center. After he went on a hunger strike for 4 days, the policemen beat him and used iron sticks to open his month in order to force-feed him. Mr. Zhaoís mouth was full of blood and his face became swollen. He was detained and tortured like this for 20 days.


On July 28, 2002, Mr. Zhao was arrested and detained for 16 days.


On September 13, 2002, he was arrested again by a local policeman, because he distributed the materials contain the truth information of the persecution and Falun Gong.

type=Case, Torture; type=Case, Arbitrary Detention; type=Labor Camp, Jinzhou Labor Camp; type=Detention Center, Huludao Detention Center; location=Liaoning, Huludao

    ©2003-2007 Falun Gong Human Rights Working Group, All Rights Reserved