Cases Reports
Highlighted Cases
Media Alert

Violations in China
Murder and Execution
Violence Leading to Disabilities
Violence against Women
Psychiatric Torture
Persecution of Families
Violence against Persons with Disabilies
Right to Education
Violence against Foreign Citizens

Psychiatric Torture
Religious Intolerance
Freedom of Expression
Arbitrary Detention
Violence Against Children
Violence Against Families
Violence Against Women
Human Rights Defender
Right to Health
Right to Education
Independent Judges and Lawyers

China Reports
Labor Camps
Cases By Province

Deprived CitizenShip
Internally Displaced ( IDP )

Falun Gong Reports
United Nations Reports
Human Rights Reports

Falun Info. Center
Justice for Falun Gong
Friends of Falun Gong
United Nations
Two Senior Women Tortured and Injected a Poisonous Substance  
Print  E-mail 


Ms. Liu Xiaolian, female, 61, is a resident of Chibi Town, Chibi City, Hubei Province. In December of 2000, she was detained at a labor camp in Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province because she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. She was denied drinking water for nine days and police stomped on her back . Later she was escorted to a detention center in her hometown. She was detained at the detention center for 20 months and suffered various forms of torture. She was never allowed a family visit or a full night’s sleep. Once she was forced to kneel down on the ground for twelve hours. She was so heavily pummeled that she lost consciousness several times. As a result of the severe torture, Ms. Liu could not even walk, sit down, eat, move, or get up, and she lost vision in both of her eyes. Once Officer Ye Jun beat her up and kicked her lower abdomen with his boots so hard that her internal organs were severely damaged and she had to be sent to a hospital for treatment. As a result of the torture, her lower abdomen has remained swollen for more than two years; she vomited blood and had blood in her stool for one month and during a second period for more than two weeks. On the way to the hospital, she was handcuffed underneath her clothes; the guard squeezed the handcuffs tighter and tighter until Ms. Liu cried out from the pain. In the hospital, despite her injuries and blindness, she was forcibly injected a poisonous substance that caused her to have blood in her stool again. She was released only after she went on a hunger strike. However, she was still closely monitored at home and arrested again once her eyesight recovered.


Ms. Huang Cengxiu, female, 68, is a resident of Chibi City, Hubei Province. Since July 20, 1999 she has been arrested for her practice of Falun Gong four times and detained for a total of almost two years. She was tortured many times. Once, she was forced to kneel down and walk on her knees. On another occasion, Officer Ye Jun slapped her face so severely that her entire face turned black and blue and her lips bled. Later, her left hand was handcuffed to a window frame and she was forced to kneel down, suspended. During her forth detention in the Jiyu Police Station, while she was sitting cross-legged, one policeman pulled her left leg free and stomped on her right ankle with his boot heel. Later, a number of guards kicked her repeatedly. Her right leg remained swollen for weeks.

type=Case, Torture; type=Case, Women; type=Labor Camp, Shijiazhuang Labor Camp; location=Hubei, Chibi City; location=Heilongjiang, Harbin

    ©2003-2007 Falun Gong Human Rights Working Group, All Rights Reserved