Cases Reports
Highlighted Cases
Media Alert

Violations in China
Murder and Execution
Violence Leading to Disabilities
Violence against Women
Psychiatric Torture
Persecution of Families
Violence against Persons with Disabilies
Right to Education
Violence against Foreign Citizens

Psychiatric Torture
Religious Intolerance
Freedom of Expression
Arbitrary Detention
Violence Against Children
Violence Against Families
Violence Against Women
Human Rights Defender
Right to Health
Right to Education
Independent Judges and Lawyers

China Reports
Labor Camps
Cases By Province

Deprived CitizenShip
Internally Displaced ( IDP )

Falun Gong Reports
United Nations Reports
Human Rights Reports

Falun Info. Center
Justice for Falun Gong
Friends of Falun Gong
United Nations
Pei Cuirong Dies from Torture  
Print  E-mail 


Ms. Pei Cuirong, female, was employed at the Kuangshan Machinery Factory of the Capital Steel Company in Qianan City, Hebei Province. After she began to practice  Falun Gong in 1998, her illnesses went away and she benefited both mentally and physically. When she went to Tiananmen Square in Beijing on January 8, 2001, to appeal to the government to stop the persecution of Falun Gong, she was arrested.

On January 11, 2001, she was transferred to the Qianan County Detention Center. While there, she went on a hunger strike twice, requesting her unconditional release. In late March 2001, she was sentenced to 2 years of forced labor and sent to the Kaiping Labor Camp in Tangshan City, Hebei Province. While there, she suffered inhumane torture, but she held firmly to her belief in Falun Gong. The police used electric batons to shock her entire body non-stop until she lost control of her bowels. Her entire body was black and blue.

One day at the end of 2002, she felt dizzy and lost her eyesight. At first, she was sent to the Tangshan Hospital, but the labor camp authorities refused to pay for her medical expenses. Her employer had already stopped paying her salary. Since she had no money to pay for medical treatment, she was transferred to the Kuangshan Hospital. After a short period of time, she was released.  Shortly after her return home, she suddenly lost consciousness. She was rushed to the hospital for emergency treatment. After she returned home, she lost consciousness again, and was unconscious for more than two hours. She repeatedly kept losing consciousness, until finally she passed away in late June 2003.

type=Case, Death; type=Case, Women; type=Labor Camp, Kaiping Labor Camp; location=Hebei, Tangshan;

    ©2003-2007 Falun Gong Human Rights Working Group, All Rights Reserved