Cases Reports
Highlighted Cases
Media Alert

Violations in China
Murder and Execution
Violence Leading to Disabilities
Violence against Women
Psychiatric Torture
Persecution of Families
Violence against Persons with Disabilies
Right to Education
Violence against Foreign Citizens

Psychiatric Torture
Religious Intolerance
Freedom of Expression
Arbitrary Detention
Violence Against Children
Violence Against Families
Violence Against Women
Human Rights Defender
Right to Health
Right to Education
Independent Judges and Lawyers

China Reports
Labor Camps
Cases By Province

Deprived CitizenShip
Internally Displaced ( IDP )

Falun Gong Reports
United Nations Reports
Human Rights Reports

Falun Info. Center
Justice for Falun Gong
Friends of Falun Gong
United Nations
Bai Xiaojun Tortured to Death at Chaoyanggou Labor Camp  
Print  E-mail 

Mr. Bai Xiaojun, male, 35, was a teacher at the Northeast Normal University in Jilin Province. Because he went to Beijing to appeal to the government to stop the persecution of Falun Gong, he was sentenced to one year of forced labor in July 2000, and detained at the Weizigou Labor Camp in Changchun City, Jilin Province. During this detention he was tortured and so severely injured, that he was sent to a hospital for emergency treatment.

Because he refused to renounce Falun Gong, his one-year term was extended for seven months He was then forcibly sent to the Xinglongshan Brainwashing Center in January 2002. Later he was sent to the Chaoyanggou Labor Camp. During his detention in the labor camp, he had scabies all over his body. The guards ordered inmates to pour salt water on him to cause severe pain because he refused to be brainwashed. The continued torture caused such severe damage to his body that in June 2003, Mr. Bai started vomiting whatever he ate. He became so weak that he could not stand up. He was bedridden, and on the verge of death. By this time, he was extremely emaciated and could not eat anything. He could not even drink water. Even though he was on the verge of death, the guard, Zhao Jianping, beat him at least twice. On July 6, 2003, Mr. Bai was dying. He was sent to a hospital, where he was diagnosed with tuberculosis. At that time, he was so malnourished that his every bone could be seen; his body was very weak and swollen, and he had been severely tortured and was covered with scars. An X-ray showed that one of his lungs had collapsed. Mr. Bai passed away on July 18, 2003.


type=Case, Death; type=Labor Camp, Chaoyanggou Labor Camp; location=Jilin, Changchun;

    ©2003-2007 Falun Gong Human Rights Working Group, All Rights Reserved