Cases Reports
Highlighted Cases
Media Alert

Violations in China
Murder and Execution
Violence Leading to Disabilities
Violence against Women
Psychiatric Torture
Persecution of Families
Violence against Persons with Disabilies
Right to Education
Violence against Foreign Citizens

Psychiatric Torture
Religious Intolerance
Freedom of Expression
Arbitrary Detention
Violence Against Children
Violence Against Families
Violence Against Women
Human Rights Defender
Right to Health
Right to Education
Independent Judges and Lawyers

China Reports
Labor Camps
Cases By Province

Deprived CitizenShip
Internally Displaced ( IDP )

Falun Gong Reports
United Nations Reports
Human Rights Reports

Falun Info. Center
Justice for Falun Gong
Friends of Falun Gong
United Nations
The Murder of Falun Gong Practitioner Ms. Yang Yufang in Zhangjiakou City, Hebei Province  
Print  E-mail 

Ms. Yang Yufang, 50, was a resident of Dongyaozi Village, Qiaoxi District, Zhangjiakou City, Hebei Province. On May 17, 2003, police from Qiaodong Police Station of Zhangjiakou City arrested Ms. Yang Yufang for practicing Falun Gong. A group of police officers tortured and forced false confessions from the practitioners for at least a full day and night. The police using extremely brutal methods, including vicious beatings, electric shocks, and forced-feeding. After many days of torture at the criminal division of the police station, Ms. Yang and others were sent the Shisanli Detention Center in Zhangjiakou City.


As a result of continued torture, Ms. Yang was at the brink of death in less than a month. The detention center sent her to the Fifth Hospital of Zhangjiakou City. She died on June 16, 2003.


After Ms. Yang's death, the police covered up the facts of her death. Her family members were not  notified until two days after her death. After their arrival at the police station, they were told that Ms,Yang had died of diabetes, perhaps as a result of her hunger strike protest. The family found this unlikely since Yang had always been a very healthy woman. They were not allowed to see her remains until right before the cremation at the city crematory, the following day. Upon examination, Ms. Yang's face was so deformed that it was difficult to recognize her. There were signs of bleeding from her mouth, nose, and ears. Her face was covered with cuts and traces of blood, from being beaten. Her body was covered with bruises that were purplish-black in color. She was very emaciated. The state of her body indicate that Ms.Yang was beaten to death.

type=Case, Death; type=Case, Women; type=Detention Center, Shisanli Detention Center; location=Hebei, Zhangjiakou;

    ©2003-2007 Falun Gong Human Rights Working Group, All Rights Reserved