Cases Reports
Highlighted Cases
Media Alert

Violations in China
Murder and Execution
Violence Leading to Disabilities
Violence against Women
Psychiatric Torture
Persecution of Families
Violence against Persons with Disabilies
Right to Education
Violence against Foreign Citizens

Psychiatric Torture
Religious Intolerance
Freedom of Expression
Arbitrary Detention
Violence Against Children
Violence Against Families
Violence Against Women
Human Rights Defender
Right to Health
Right to Education
Independent Judges and Lawyers

China Reports
Labor Camps
Cases By Province

Deprived CitizenShip
Internally Displaced ( IDP )

Falun Gong Reports
United Nations Reports
Human Rights Reports

Falun Info. Center
Justice for Falun Gong
Friends of Falun Gong
United Nations
Chen Xiangruiís Death from Five Hours of Beating with a Metal Hammer at Hunan Police Station  
Print  E-mail 


Mr. Chen Xiangrui, male, 29, resident of Hengyang City, Hunan Province, went to Beijing three times to appeal to the government to stop the persecution of Falun Gong, on October 27, 1999, March 2, 2000, and in late April 2000. As a result, the police detained him several times. In January 2001, they abducted Mr. Chen from his home and detained him in a detention center for half a year.


On March 11, 2003, at 9 p.m., the head of the National Security Team of the Hengyang City Police Station, Lei Zhenzhong, led a group of policemen to break into Mr. Chen's home. They beat and kicked Mr. Chen while they dragged him out of his house and forced him into a police van. Then they shoved him face down under the seat. One policeman held him down with one foot on his body. In the police station, since Mr. Chen refused to renounce Falun Gong, a group of policemen beat and tortured him with electric batons, metal hammers, and rubber clubs. The next morning, on March 12, 2003, around 2 a.m., Mr. Chen's breathing was extremely weak, and his pupils were dilated. They sent him to a hospital for emergency treatment, but he passed away soon afterwards. The autopsy revealed that his internal organs had suffered trauma resulting from the severe beatings. At the autopsy they removed 2500cc of blood that was in his lower abdomen due to massive internal bleeding. There was blood in his eyes, ears, nose and mouth; his collar bones were broken; the bones of his left foot and wrist were broken; both feet were twisted; there were two red bruises on his knees; his skull was fractured and there was blood inside his skull; his brain tissue was damaged; there were over one dozen bruises on his left leg; there were three bruises behind his right ear; his right eye was swollen; there were bruises consistent with those made by a rope on his neck; and a 2-inch cut on his forehead was still bleeding.


type=Case, Death; location=Hunan, Hengyang

    ©2003-2007 Falun Gong Human Rights Working Group, All Rights Reserved