Cases Reports
Highlighted Cases
Media Alert

Violations in China
Murder and Execution
Violence Leading to Disabilities
Violence against Women
Psychiatric Torture
Persecution of Families
Violence against Persons with Disabilies
Right to Education
Violence against Foreign Citizens

Psychiatric Torture
Religious Intolerance
Freedom of Expression
Arbitrary Detention
Violence Against Children
Violence Against Families
Violence Against Women
Human Rights Defender
Right to Health
Right to Education
Independent Judges and Lawyers

China Reports
Labor Camps
Cases By Province

Deprived CitizenShip
Internally Displaced ( IDP )

Falun Gong Reports
United Nations Reports
Human Rights Reports

Falun Info. Center
Justice for Falun Gong
Friends of Falun Gong
United Nations
Zou Guirong Died from Tortures Received from Chinese Labor Camps  
Print  E-mail 

Zou Guirong, female, 36, a worker at Xinbin Countyís Public Highway System in Fushun City, Liaoning Province.  Because she went to Beijing to appeal to the central government to stop persecuting Falun Gong in 1999, Ms. Zou was sentenced to one and a half years of forced labor at Wujiabao Forced Labor Camp, Fushun City. She was beaten by guard Jiang Yongfeng. She was later transferred to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp, where she suffered more torture and abuse. After that, she was sent to Zhangshi Forced Labor Camp, where Deputy Director Chen tortured her around the clock. They took turns beating Ms. Zou and didnít allow her to sleep for several days and nights. Later, Ms. Zou Guirong was transferred to Shenxin Forced Labor Camp, where she protested her illegal detention with a hunger strike. By this point, her original sentence had long expired.


In May 2001, Ms. Zou was sent to Shenyang Cityís Dabei Underground Jail Hospital, where she was again brutally tortured. When Ms. Zou was on the verge of death on August 10, her family was allowed to take her home. However, Song Junlin, the Political and Legal Committee Secretary of Xinbin County, instigated the local police to break into Ms. Zouís home, and take her away by force. She was then secretly transferred to Fushun Cityís Wujiabao Forced Labor Camp. Led by Police Division Chief Wu Wei, the guards used many kinds of brutal physical and psychological tortures in an attempt to break Ms. Zou so that she would renounce Falun Gong. After nearly three years in detention, Ms. Zou died from the torture in early April of 2002.

type=Case, Death; type=Case, Women; location=Liaoning

    ©2003-2007 Falun Gong Human Rights Working Group, All Rights Reserved