Cases Reports
Highlighted Cases
Media Alert

Violations in China
Murder and Execution
Violence Leading to Disabilities
Violence against Women
Psychiatric Torture
Persecution of Families
Violence against Persons with Disabilies
Right to Education
Violence against Foreign Citizens

Psychiatric Torture
Religious Intolerance
Freedom of Expression
Arbitrary Detention
Violence Against Children
Violence Against Families
Violence Against Women
Human Rights Defender
Right to Health
Right to Education
Independent Judges and Lawyers

China Reports
Labor Camps
Cases By Province

Deprived CitizenShip
Internally Displaced ( IDP )

Falun Gong Reports
United Nations Reports
Human Rights Reports

Falun Info. Center
Justice for Falun Gong
Friends of Falun Gong
United Nations
Wu Qingxiang Died from Torture in Changlinzi Labor Camp  
Print  E-mail 


Wu Qingxiang, male, 50, resident of Taiping Village of Taiping Town in Daoli District, Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province



            Changlinzi Labor Camp, Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province



1.      Ying Chengli, Director of Changlinzi Labor Camp, Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province (Tel: 459-466-1192)

2.      Song Huidong, Secretary of Changlinzi Labor Camp, Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province (Tel: 459-466-4861)

3.      Liu Qianli, Director of Section II of Changlinzi Labor Camp, Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province (Tel: 459-466-4859)



Since February 8, 2001, Mr. Wu Qingxiang was detained in the Changlinzi Labor Camp because he didnít renounce Falun Gong. During his detention, Mr. Wu was forced to stand in a dark, damp cell from 6:00 am until 12:00 midnight every day. In June, Mr. Wu joined the other Falun Gong practitioners in the labor camp and began a collective hunger strike to protest their illegal detention and ask for release. Over the three months of the hunger strike, Mr. Wu was forced-fed many times. His weight dropped from 80 kg to 60 kg; his body developed scabies and he had a chronic high fever. His legs and feet became swollen to the point where they looked like they would explode. It became very difficult for him to walk or climb stairs. He had difficulty breathing, could not lie flat in bed, nor could he speak or eat. He could only drink some water, but his urinary tract was blocked and he could only sit all day long. At last, his arms, abdomen, chest and face all became swollen. When he was sent home, his family sent him to the hospital, but it was too late to do anything to save him. Mr. Wu died on March 4, 2002.



type=Case, Death; type=Labor Camp, Changlinzi Labor Camp; location=Heilongjiang, Harbin

    ©2003-2007 Falun Gong Human Rights Working Group, All Rights Reserved