Cases Reports
Highlighted Cases
Media Alert

Violations in China
Murder and Execution
Violence Leading to Disabilities
Violence against Women
Psychiatric Torture
Persecution of Families
Violence against Persons with Disabilies
Right to Education
Violence against Foreign Citizens

Psychiatric Torture
Religious Intolerance
Freedom of Expression
Arbitrary Detention
Violence Against Children
Violence Against Families
Violence Against Women
Human Rights Defender
Right to Health
Right to Education
Independent Judges and Lawyers

China Reports
Labor Camps
Cases By Province

Deprived CitizenShip
Internally Displaced ( IDP )

Falun Gong Reports
United Nations Reports
Human Rights Reports

Falun Info. Center
Justice for Falun Gong
Friends of Falun Gong
United Nations
Kong Deyi Died from Torture and Punitive Force-Feeding  
Print  E-mail 


Kong Deyi, male, 38, a cadre at the political research institution of the Dongli District Committee in Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province


Location Of Torture and Death:


Changlinzi Labor Camp, Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province




1.      Yang Binying, Chief of the Changlingzi Labor Camp, Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province

2.      Shi Changjing, vice Director of Changlingzi Labor Camp, Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province

3.      Ma, prison doctor of the Changlingzi Labor Camp, Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province

4.      Yu Tao, captain of the 3rd team, Changlingzi Labor Camp, Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province


A Brief Report of the Incident:


Mr. Kong Deyi was sent to the Changlingzi Labor camp because he went to Beijing to appeal to the government for the right to practice Falun Gong. In the Changlingzi Labor camp, he was locked up in a small iron cage that was 1.5 meters high, 1.5 meters long and less than 1 meter wide, for 7 days. He was handcuffed to the top of the cage in a position where he could neither stand up nor squat down. His feet swelled up and developed two large blisters. After he was released from the cage, he could not even stand up. Even so he was forced to work or to be beaten.


Mr. Kong went on a hunger strike to protest the illegal detention and the harsh treatment he received there. As a result, he was force-fed with a tube inserted into his stomach through his nose. Prison doctor Ma repeatedly inserted the tube and pulled it out by force-an excruciating torture. After the first time he was force-fed, Mr. Kong coughed up blood. Yet, Shi Changjing ordered a second force-feeding. Then Mr. Kong was forced-fed in the same way for twenty minutes. Mr. Kong coughed and emitted blood constantly after this torture. He was so weak that he could not even sit up. He threw up a half basin of blood the next morning and had difficulty breathing. He died that afternoon. To cover up the torture, however, an officer gave Mr. Kong an injection and declared that he died from a heart attack.



type=Case,Death; type=Case,Women; type=Labor Camp,Changlinzi Labor Camp; location=Heilongjiang,Harbin

    ©2003-2007 Falun Gong Human Rights Working Group, All Rights Reserved