Cases Reports
Highlighted Cases
Media Alert

Violations in China
Murder and Execution
Violence Leading to Disabilities
Violence against Women
Psychiatric Torture
Persecution of Families
Violence against Persons with Disabilies
Right to Education
Violence against Foreign Citizens

Psychiatric Torture
Religious Intolerance
Freedom of Expression
Arbitrary Detention
Violence Against Children
Violence Against Families
Violence Against Women
Human Rights Defender
Right to Health
Right to Education
Independent Judges and Lawyers

China Reports
Labor Camps
Cases By Province

Deprived CitizenShip
Internally Displaced ( IDP )

Falun Gong Reports
United Nations Reports
Human Rights Reports

Falun Info. Center
Justice for Falun Gong
Friends of Falun Gong
United Nations
Bi Daihong Died Due to Torture at Dalian Forced Labor Camp  
Print  E-mail 

Ms. Bi Daihong, age 37, was from Dalian City, Liaoning Province and worked at the Dalian City Ship Examination Bureau. She suffered from headaches and protruding spinal discs, but she became very healthy after she started practicing Falun Gong in 1996. When the persecution of Falun Gong started in 1999, she went to Beijing many times to appeal for justice and to clarify the truth about Falun Gong.

In January 2003, Ms. Bi was reported to the authorities when explaining the truth about the persecution of Falun Gong. Officers from the Longwangtang Police Station in Lushun arrested her. The officers detained her for 30 days without notifying her family. She was later sentenced to two years of forced labor and was held at the Dalian Forced Labor Camp in Liaoning Province

On her first day at the labor camp, Ms. Bi refused to commit that she was a criminal. The guards ordered a group of eight inmates to strip her naked outside a men's bathroom on the first floor. The eight inmates beat her until she was covered with wounds and bruises. Her eyes and ears were injured, and most of her face was black and blue. After striking her to the ground, inmate Zhao Hui violently kicked her mouth, which cut her lips and knocked her teeth loose. They later sent her to solitary confinement to further persecute her. Her legs were severely injured from the torture and she became crippled. When her mother inquired about her legs, the labor camp authorities lied and claimed she had been punished for hitting someone after refusing to submit to a physical search.

Three months later, the superficial wounds were gone but she started to cough, and had fever and amenorrhea. She suffered from such severe pain that she often could not sleep at night. She became weary and emaciated. The guards ignored her condition and never allowed her to see a doctor. They ordered inmates to watch her around the clock and restrict her freedom. She was not allowed to use the restroom even when she was incontinent. In addition, she was forced to do slave labor picking peas. She had to carry heavy sacks of peas up and down the stairs.

Inmate Lin Chunhong, who was assigned to watch her, extorted about 4,000 Yuan from her parents, taking advantage of their anguish by lying to them that their money would speed up the release process.

When Ms. Bi's family met with her, they saw how sickly she looked.  They strongly urged the labor camp authorities to take her to a hospital. The authorities reluctantly took her to have a check-up. The results came out the next day and the authorities immediately told her family to fill out paperwork for a medical parole.

Ms. Bi was diagnosed with terminal ovarian cancer. After Ms. Bi Daihong was taken home, she died on September 1, 2005, approximately two months after the diagnosis.

type=case,death;type=case,women;type=Labor Camp, Dalian Forced Labor Camp; location=Liaoning,Dalian

    ©2003-2007 Falun Gong Human Rights Working Group, All Rights Reserved