Cases Reports
Highlighted Cases
Media Alert

Violations in China
Murder and Execution
Violence Leading to Disabilities
Violence against Women
Psychiatric Torture
Persecution of Families
Violence against Persons with Disabilies
Right to Education
Violence against Foreign Citizens

Psychiatric Torture
Religious Intolerance
Freedom of Expression
Arbitrary Detention
Violence Against Children
Violence Against Families
Violence Against Women
Human Rights Defender
Right to Health
Right to Education
Independent Judges and Lawyers

China Reports
Labor Camps
Cases By Province

Deprived CitizenShip
Internally Displaced ( IDP )

Falun Gong Reports
United Nations Reports
Human Rights Reports

Falun Info. Center
Justice for Falun Gong
Friends of Falun Gong
United Nations
Mr. Hou Jiming Tortured and Died in Hebei Province  
Print  E-mail 

Mr. Hou Jiming, male, 49, was a resident of Xinzhuang Village, Yongxiang Street, Yinhe South, Langfang City, Hebei Province. He began to practice Falun Gong in 1997. After the persecution began in July 1999, he refused to stop practicing Falun Gong. As a result, the village administrative staff and the local police harassed him frequently. He went into exile and moved from place to place. On November 5, 2002, District Police Chief Liu Yanhui, policeman Li Aimin, Nanmenwai Police Branch Officer Shan Ruixi, village Party Secretary Chen Dianyu, and village security chief Chen Heqiang arrested Mr. Hou in his hometown in Shandong Province and escorted him back to Hebei Province, where they had him detained in the Langfang City Detention Center. The guards there restrained him in handcuffs and shackles. They also beat and verbally abused him. The heavy steel-wire handcuffs were so tight that they cut into his flesh and caused bleeding and deep scars.

While he was held for two weeks in the detention center, he suffered the most inhuman abuses at the hands of guards. Then, on November 8, 2002, the authorities took him to a brainwashing class in the Second Guest House of Langfang City for further torture. Wu Guangdong from the District Party committee instructed inmate Huang Junling and a few others to torture Mr. Hou and deprive him of sleep. Inmate Yang Jingtian hit Mr. Hou on the head with a heavy object. Consequently, Mr. Hou often experienced headaches and a high fever. His health declined rapidly. After he returned home, his health deteriorated. He had a chronic cough, vomited after eating, and had chest pains. He most likely suffered from internal injuries. He passed away at 11:50 a.m. on January 17, 2004.

type=case, death;type=Detention Center, Langfang City Detention Center;location=Hebei,Langfang

    ©2003-2007 Falun Gong Human Rights Working Group, All Rights Reserved