Cases Reports
Highlighted Cases
Media Alert

Violations in China
Murder and Execution
Violence Leading to Disabilities
Violence against Women
Psychiatric Torture
Persecution of Families
Violence against Persons with Disabilies
Right to Education
Violence against Foreign Citizens

Psychiatric Torture
Religious Intolerance
Freedom of Expression
Arbitrary Detention
Violence Against Children
Violence Against Families
Violence Against Women
Human Rights Defender
Right to Health
Right to Education
Independent Judges and Lawyers

China Reports
Labor Camps
Cases By Province

Deprived CitizenShip
Internally Displaced ( IDP )

Falun Gong Reports
United Nations Reports
Human Rights Reports

Falun Info. Center
Justice for Falun Gong
Friends of Falun Gong
United Nations
Repeated Detention and Torture, Ms. Fu Rufang Persecuted For Six Years for Practicing Falun Gong in  
Print  E-mail 

Ms. Fu Rufang, female, 53, was an employee of the Tongnan County Disease Control Center, Chongqing City. Before practicing Falun Gong, she had many diseases. She started to practice Falun Gong in June 1996, and all her diseases have since disappeared.


Since 1999, Ms. Fu has been arrested and detained five times for a total of 573 days, including one time when she was held at a labor camp. Her home has been ransacked four times and the local authorities extorted nearly 30,000 Yuan from her. During her detentions, she suffered more than twenty kinds of torture methods, including beating, being forced to stand for a long time, repeatedly banging her head against a wall, being handcuffed behind the back in a painful position, force-feeding, sleep deprivation, and enduring humiliation and forced labor. Her eyes were injured from the beatings and seeped pus for more than two weeks. Her left arm was injured and remained disabled for more than six months. She held nine hunger strikes in protest the persecution, and was force-fed in such a brutal manner that blood gushed from her nose and mouth. Several hundred persons participated in persecuting her.


On August 2, 2000, police officers Zhang Liang, Zhong Ming, Liu Yong, Luo Yonghong, and Li Hengyi broke into Ms. Fu's home and took her to the local police station. That night she was sent to the Tongnan County Detention Center, where she was detained with male inmates for four days and nights and deprived of sleep. On September 25, 2000, she was sentenced to forced labor and sent to the Maojiashan Women's Labor Camp in Chongqing City, where, under authorities’ orders, inmates beat her and deprived of her sleep. Starting on December 28, 2000, she was forced to stand for seventeen hours per day; this lasted thirty-five days. As a result, her calves and feet swelled and she could not fit her feet into her shoes. Her legs became numb and she could not bend them. She could not sleep at night because of the pain in her feet and legs.


On May 13, 2001, because Ms. Fu practiced Falun Gong, inmates struck her to the ground and beat and kicked her, then handcuffed her arms behind her back in a painful position, sealed her mouth, and forced her to squat in the sun. The torture injured her left arm; it was swollen for two weeks, black and blue, and disabled for more than six months.


In October 2001, she was released after her six-month term finished.


In October 2002, Zhang Liang and others again arrested her because she is a Falun Gong practitioner. Ms. Fu held a hunger strike to protest the detention. To force-feed her, police repeatedly thrust the tube into her until blood gushed from her lungs. They did not provide necessary medical treatment, but instead transferred her to a detention center, where she had difficulty breathing and her chest hurt terribly. She had heart palpitations, was dizzy, and vomited blood. Her lips turned black and blue. The authorities then asked her husband to take her home.


In July 2004, Ms. Fu prepared an appeal letter to sue the local authorities who had persecuted her. Because of this, she was arrested again. She went on a hunger strike for four days to protest the inhuman treatment.


On April 8, 2005, on her way to her hometown, she was arrested again; this was her fifth arrest. She was detained at the Tongnan Detention Center, where she went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution.



type=case, women;type=Detention Center, Tongnan Detention Center;type=Labor Camp,Maojiashan Women's Labor Camp;location=Chongqing

    ©2003-2007 Falun Gong Human Rights Working Group, All Rights Reserved