Cases Reports
Highlighted Cases
Media Alert

Violations in China
Murder and Execution
Violence Leading to Disabilities
Violence against Women
Psychiatric Torture
Persecution of Families
Violence against Persons with Disabilies
Right to Education
Violence against Foreign Citizens

Psychiatric Torture
Religious Intolerance
Freedom of Expression
Arbitrary Detention
Violence Against Children
Violence Against Families
Violence Against Women
Human Rights Defender
Right to Health
Right to Education
Independent Judges and Lawyers

China Reports
Labor Camps
Cases By Province

Deprived CitizenShip
Internally Displaced ( IDP )

Falun Gong Reports
United Nations Reports
Human Rights Reports

Falun Info. Center
Justice for Falun Gong
Friends of Falun Gong
United Nations
Ms. Ren Shujie Tortured to Death for Practicing Falun Gong  
Print  E-mail 
Ms. Ren Shujie was emaciated and extremely weak before she passed away


Ms. Ren Shujie, female, 42, lived in the Tiexi District, Shenyang City, Liaoning Province. She was the owner of a clothing shop.

On May 21, 2002, officers from the Zhonggong Police Station arrested Ms. Ren because she practiced Falun Gong. The local authorities sentenced her to three years of forced labor. She was detained in the Longshan Labor Camp. Upon arrival at the labor camp, she went on a hunger strike for 64 days to protest the detention. After two weeks of her hunger strike, guard Tang Yubao and others started to torture and brainwash Ms. Ren to pressure her to renounce Falun Gong. They deprived her of sleep for seven consecutive nights. Once Tang shocked her with two electric batons continuously for half an hour, leaving black and blue bruises all over her body. Despite her weak condition, Ms. Ren was forced to do hard labor from 7:00 a.m. until 10:30 p.m.

In mid-June 2003, Tang shocked her with an electric baton and kicked her. As a result, Ms. Ren's mouth was swollen and drooped, her eye sockets were bruised and swollen, her eyes were bloodshot, her face was disfigured, and her body was covered with bruises.

On March 22, 2004, because Ms. Ren still refused to renounce Falun Gong, the authorities of the Longshan Labor Camp sent her to the Masanjia Labor Camp for more intense persecution. In the Masanjia Labor Camp, she was forced to sleep on a cement floor for three months. Due to the torture, her face became swollen and her legs showed signs of severe edema. Each time her skin was pressed, an indentation would remain. On December 24, 2004, due to her extremely weak condition, she was released from the labor camp.

Since Ms. Ren returned home, she vomited whatever she ate or drank, and she was emaciated. She used to weigh 80 kilograms (176 lbs.), but weighed less than 40 (88 lbs.) when she was released. She became weaker and weaker, and passed away on September 1, 2005, at 11:15 p.m.


type=case, death; type=case, women; type=labor camp, Longshan Labor Camp; type=labor camp, Masanjia Labor Camp; location=Liaoning , Shenyang

    ©2003-2007 Falun Gong Human Rights Working Group, All Rights Reserved