Cases Reports
Highlighted Cases
Media Alert

Violations in China
Murder and Execution
Violence Leading to Disabilities
Violence against Women
Psychiatric Torture
Persecution of Families
Violence against Persons with Disabilies
Right to Education
Violence against Foreign Citizens

Psychiatric Torture
Religious Intolerance
Freedom of Expression
Arbitrary Detention
Violence Against Children
Violence Against Families
Violence Against Women
Human Rights Defender
Right to Health
Right to Education
Independent Judges and Lawyers

China Reports
Labor Camps
Cases By Province

Deprived CitizenShip
Internally Displaced ( IDP )

Falun Gong Reports
United Nations Reports
Human Rights Reports

Falun Info. Center
Justice for Falun Gong
Friends of Falun Gong
United Nations
Liu Xiaolian Injected with Poisonous Drug, Tortured until Many Bones Are Broken and Joints Dislocat  
Print  E-mail 


Liu Xiaolian, female, 64, a resident of Chibi Town, Chibi City, Hubei Province



1.      Tiananmen Square, Beijing

2.      The Haicheng Police Station, Haicheng City, Liaoning Province

3.      The Second Detention Center, Chibi City, Hubei Province

4.      The First Detention Center, Chibi City, Hubei Province



1.      Policemen from the Tiananmen Square Police Station

2.      Guards from the Haicheng Police Station, Haicheng City, Liaoning Province

3.      Ye Jun, and inmate from the Second Detention Center, Chibi City, Hubei Province

4.      Cai Jinping, the chief officer of the Chibi Police Station, Chibi City, Hubei Province. Phone: +86-715-5232701, mobile:+86-13807245388

5.      Deng Dingsheng, Deputy Director of the First Detention Center, Chibi City, Hubei Province. Phone: +86-715-5350966

6.      Qian Yulan, Deputy Director of the Women's Section of the First Detention Center, Chibi City, Hubei Province. Phone: +86-715-5222687

7.      Song Yuzhen, Supervisor of the Women's Section of the First Detention Center, Chibi City, Hubei Province. Phone: +86-715-5235697




In December 2000, Ms. Liu Xiaolian went to Beijing to appeal to the government to stop persecuting Falun Gong. The police from the Tiananmen Square Police Station arrested her at Tiananmen Square, and kicked her very hard in the groin. Three days later, she was taken to the Haicheng City Police Station in Liaoning Province, where she was tortured constantly. She was given very little food and forced to wear thin clothing even in the cold winter air.


On January 17, 2001, Ms. Liu was sent to the Second Detention Center in Chibi City, where authorities ordered an inmate, Ye Jun, to hit her head, chest, abdomen, and other areas of her body. He smashed her nose in during this beating. Afterwards Ye forced her to kneel down for over four hours. After a week, Ms. Liu was transferred to the First Detention Center of Chibi City.


On June 28, 2002, the labor camp authorities, Cai Jinping, Deng Dingsheng, Qian Yulan, Song Yuzhen shackled Ms. Liu and dragged her from her cell and took her to a hospital where they ordered the doctor to inject her with an unknown drug. The drug began to take effect that night. Her ears, eyes, nose and mouth began to bleed. Her eardrums hurt very badly. She threw up several times, and had loose bowels. There was blood in her stool at first, then hard bloody lumps smelling like raw fish five days later. She had extreme pain when using the restroom. She lost consciousness many times. Since the authorities were afraid that Ms. Liu would die at the detention center, they released her to to her family with the condition that her family pay them 3000 Yuan [500 Yuan is the average monthly income for an urban worker in China], and sign a statement that they would not sue the detention center if Ms. Liu died. On August 28, 2002, they released her.


After several weeks, Ms. Liu exposed the torture she suffered to the media, so they arrested her again. On October 17, 2002, she was sent back to the First Detention Center. On December 6, 2002, Deng Dingsheng and 18 police officers and inmates started another round of torture on Ms. Liu. Deng Dingsheng ordered four inmates to hold Ms. Liuís four limbs down while Deng Dingsheng held her head. They pulled her body in five different directions simultaneously. Right away, her vagina was torn from the force. All her joints became dislocated with loud popping sounds. The rest took turns beating her with 55-pound shackles while she was being pulled apart. They beat her for almost the entire day. Ms. Liu suffered many broken bones and other severe injuries over the course of the day and fell unconscious due to the intense pain. Seeing that she had not died, Deng grasped her head and violently banged her neck down hard. Ms. Liu fainted again from the pain. Since she was still alive, Deng cuffed her with 55 pound shackles for one week, and denied her food and water for two weeks.


On April 29, 2003, since Ms. Liu still refused to denounce Falun Gong, Deng and the others took turns torturing her. As a result, her four limbs, feet, hands, chest, and hips all suffered more broken bones. After seeing she was still alive, they stepped on her body, trampling her limbs. Many more bones were broken, large blocks of flesh were torn off, and broken bones jutted out through her flesh in numerous places. Finally they released her because she was on the verge of death.


On December 28, 2003, the local Chibi City police again arrested Ms. Liu. Her whereabouts remain unknown.


Because of the prolonged torture, Ms. Liuís life is in grave danger. We are very concerned about Ms. Liuís life, and hereby request an urgent action by the United Nations to safeguard the life of Ms. Liu.

type=case, women,torture;type=Detention Center,First Detention Center;location=Hubei

    ©2003-2007 Falun Gong Human Rights Working Group, All Rights Reserved