Cases Reports
Highlighted Cases
Media Alert

Violations in China
Murder and Execution
Violence Leading to Disabilities
Violence against Women
Psychiatric Torture
Persecution of Families
Violence against Persons with Disabilies
Right to Education
Violence against Foreign Citizens

Psychiatric Torture
Religious Intolerance
Freedom of Expression
Arbitrary Detention
Violence Against Children
Violence Against Families
Violence Against Women
Human Rights Defender
Right to Health
Right to Education
Independent Judges and Lawyers

China Reports
Labor Camps
Cases By Province

Deprived CitizenShip
Internally Displaced ( IDP )

Falun Gong Reports
United Nations Reports
Human Rights Reports

Falun Info. Center
Justice for Falun Gong
Friends of Falun Gong
United Nations
Tian Baobinís Health Recovered through the Practicing Falun Gong , but Dies from Torture  
Print  E-mail 


Mr. Tian Baobin, male, was born on May 27, 1949, and lived on Diling Street, Daowai District, Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province. He was an employee of the Harbin City Grain/Oil Machine Factory. Because he would not give up practicing Falun Gong, he was tortured to death in the Changlinzi Labor Camp on September 13, 2003, when he was 54 years old.


Mr. Tian started practicing Falun Gang in 1996. Before the practicing, he had advanced heart disease and had almost died of a heart attack. His health quickly recovered after he began practicing Falun Gong.


Around July 22, 1999, he went to Beijing to appeal for the justice of Falun Gong, and was arrested twice by police from the Daowai District Detention Center. Because he refused to give up his belief, it was determined that brainwashing was the appropriate method to "transform" him. Police often went to his home to harass him, with the intent of forcing him to give up his practice of Falun Gong, which he firmly refused to do.


On August 31, 2002, at 10 p.m., police arrested him, ransacked his home, and sentenced him to three years in the Changlinzi Labor Camp.


Inside the Changlinzi Labor Camp, Tian Baobin was subjected to numerous methods of torture because he refused to give up Falun Gong. In only one year, his mental and physical health was severely compromised and his life was in grave danger.


On September 13, 2003, his family was notified that he was ill and was undergoing emergency treatment at the Harbin City No.2 Hospital. When a family member reached the hospital, he was unconscious and his face was a purple-black color. He died shortly thereafter. The doctor said that he died of a brain stem hemorrhage, but normally this kind of patient would have a pinkish brain, whereas Mr. Tian's brain was severely bruised and purple-black in color.



type=Case,Death; type=Case,Right to Health; type=Detention Center, Daowai District Detention Center; type=Labor Camp, Changlinzi Labor Camp;location=Heilongjiang, Harbin

    ©2003-2007 Falun Gong Human Rights Working Group, All Rights Reserved