Cases Reports
Highlighted Cases
Media Alert

Violations in China
Murder and Execution
Violence Leading to Disabilities
Violence against Women
Psychiatric Torture
Persecution of Families
Violence against Persons with Disabilies
Right to Education
Violence against Foreign Citizens

Psychiatric Torture
Religious Intolerance
Freedom of Expression
Arbitrary Detention
Violence Against Children
Violence Against Families
Violence Against Women
Human Rights Defender
Right to Health
Right to Education
Independent Judges and Lawyers

China Reports
Labor Camps
Cases By Province

Deprived CitizenShip
Internally Displaced ( IDP )

Falun Gong Reports
United Nations Reports
Human Rights Reports

Falun Info. Center
Justice for Falun Gong
Friends of Falun Gong
United Nations
Husband and Wife Arrested for Appealing for Other Falun Gong Practitioners and Tortured to Death for  
Print  E-mail 

Ms. Yuan Hezhen, female, 42, was a practitioner from Hua-Nan County, Heilongjiang Province. She worked for the Hua-Nan Forest Bureau, a branch of Heilongjiang Forestry.  In January 2000 Hua-Nan County police arrested a large number of Falun Gong practitioners. Ms. Yuan Hezhen and her husband decided to go to Beijing to appeal to the central government to stop the crackdown on Falun Gong. In May 2000, Ms. Yuan was arrested in Beijing and sent to a detention center. She began a hunger strike to protest the illegal treatment; for this, she was brutally beaten, handcuffed in a painful position, and force-fed. This treatment continued until she vomited blood, had bloody stools, and became extremely weak. When she was eventually able to escape from the detention center, she had to live on the streets to avoid further persecution. Because of the severity of her injuries while in police custody, and her unstable living conditions, Ms. Yuan's health deteriorated quickly. In July 2003, she passed away.

On the night of September 25, 2002, Ms. Yuanís husband, Mr. Sun Jihong, was arrested at the Yuquanying Multi-Level Cross Roads in the Fengtai District of Beijing. On September 29, Mr. Sun was beaten to death while in police custody. When Mr. Sunís relatives were examining his body, they found his face covered with thick white powder and hardly recognized him. Because of their strong requests, the police wiped away the powder. They saw a hole between Mr. Sunís eyebrows, and two deep holes on Mr. Sunís cheeks. His entire body was injured and covered with bruises. On October 2, the police secretly cremated his body.

type=case, death; location=Beijing; type=detention center; type=case, Religious Intolerance

    ©2003-2007 Falun Gong Human Rights Working Group, All Rights Reserved