Cases Reports
Highlighted Cases
Media Alert

Violations in China
Murder and Execution
Violence Leading to Disabilities
Violence against Women
Psychiatric Torture
Persecution of Families
Violence against Persons with Disabilies
Right to Education
Violence against Foreign Citizens

Psychiatric Torture
Religious Intolerance
Freedom of Expression
Arbitrary Detention
Violence Against Children
Violence Against Families
Violence Against Women
Human Rights Defender
Right to Health
Right to Education
Independent Judges and Lawyers

China Reports
Labor Camps
Cases By Province

Deprived CitizenShip
Internally Displaced ( IDP )

Falun Gong Reports
United Nations Reports
Human Rights Reports

Falun Info. Center
Justice for Falun Gong
Friends of Falun Gong
United Nations
Mo Shuijin was Euthanized by the 610 Office  
Print  E-mail 

Mo Shuijin, female, 64, a retired cadre from the Changan Automobile Company of Chongqing, Chongqing City, Sichuan Province.


In May 2001, Ms. Mo Shuijin was arrested for being a Falun Gong practitioner. She was sentenced to two years of forced labor at the Chongqing Female Labor Camp in Chongqing City. The camp guards routinely beat Ms. Mo for refusing to renounce Falun Gong. She was forced to stand under the scorching sun or in the pouring rain for several hours at a time. Despite her advanced age, she was forced to do hard labor for ten to fourteen hours a day. Ms. Mo was very healthy before her detention, but the torture and hard labor caused her health to quickly deteriorate. She began to cough up blood after fifty days in the camp.


To further torture Ms. Mo, the camp guards sealed her mouth with tape and locked her up in a “small cell.” The small cell was very damp and without sunlight. There was no bed and no toilet in the “small cell.” Victims locked in a “small cell” have to sleep, urinate and defecate on the same floor. Only half of a regular meal was served to “small cell.” At night, rats run through the cells. The stench was so bad that it was difficult to breath. The guards handcuffed Ms. Mo’s hands behind her back, and shackled her feet in an agonizing way so that she could neither move nor lie down. As a result, Ms. Mo was unable to sleep at night. During the day, the police instigated other prisoners to beat her.


After months of torture, she was near death. The local 610 Office (A government agency formed specifically for the purpose of eradicating Falun Gong) had her transferred to the Changan Company Hospital. The 610 Office arranged to have female police officers dress up as medical staff, and on October 30, 2001, they injected a euthanasia chemical into Ms. Mo. She died from the lethal injection.


type=Case,Death; type=Labor Camp, Chongqing Female Labor Camp; type=Case,Women; location=Chongqing

    ©2003-2007 Falun Gong Human Rights Working Group, All Rights Reserved