Cases Reports
Highlighted Cases
Media Alert

Violations in China
Murder and Execution
Violence Leading to Disabilities
Violence against Women
Psychiatric Torture
Persecution of Families
Violence against Persons with Disabilies
Right to Education
Violence against Foreign Citizens

Psychiatric Torture
Religious Intolerance
Freedom of Expression
Arbitrary Detention
Violence Against Children
Violence Against Families
Violence Against Women
Human Rights Defender
Right to Health
Right to Education
Independent Judges and Lawyers

China Reports
Labor Camps
Cases By Province

Deprived CitizenShip
Internally Displaced ( IDP )

Falun Gong Reports
United Nations Reports
Human Rights Reports

Falun Info. Center
Justice for Falun Gong
Friends of Falun Gong
United Nations
Ph. D. Candidate Yang Yining Drugged for Three Months at Mental Hospital in Hefei City  
Print  E-mail 


Yang Yining, male, a Ph. D. candidate in the Department of Computer Science of Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai city.


Location of the Torture and Detention:


1.      Hefei Mental Hospital, Hefei city, Anhui province

2.      Songjiang Detention Center, Address: 290 East Zhongshan Street, Songjiang District, Shanghai city, Zip code: 201600, phone: 021-57823618-66151

3.      Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai city




1.      Police of Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai city

2.      Police of Anhui University, Anhui province

3.      Police of Songjiang Detention Center in Shanghai city

4.      Staff at Hefei Mental Hospital, Hefei city, Anhui province


A Brief Report of the Incident:


In October 1999, Mr. Yang Yining went to Beijing to appeal to the government to lift the ban on Falun Gong. The police handcuffed him and returned him to Shanghai city. The University police detained him for several months. The police in the Jiaotong University and Anhui University (where Yang's father worked) conspired to threaten his family members by saying that Yang would be sent to a labor camp. To avoid this, the Yang family had to agree to have Yang sent to the Hefei mental hospital. Yang was committed there for three months and was inhumanely tortured with psychiatric drugs. Yang was finally released from the mental hospital but was continuously under house arrest at his home in Anhui province. He was released only after he reluctantly agreed, against his will, to make a statement giving up Falun Gong.


On September 14, 2001, Yang was detained in Songjiang Detention Center in Shanghai for not giving up Falun Gong.


type = Case, Psychiatric; type=Case, Religious Intolerance; type=Detention Center, Songjiang Detention Center; location= Shanghai

    ©2003-2007 Falun Gong Human Rights Working Group, All Rights Reserved