Cases Reports
Highlighted Cases
Media Alert

Violations in China
Murder and Execution
Violence Leading to Disabilities
Violence against Women
Psychiatric Torture
Persecution of Families
Violence against Persons with Disabilies
Right to Education
Violence against Foreign Citizens

Psychiatric Torture
Religious Intolerance
Freedom of Expression
Arbitrary Detention
Violence Against Children
Violence Against Families
Violence Against Women
Human Rights Defender
Right to Health
Right to Education
Independent Judges and Lawyers

China Reports
Labor Camps
Cases By Province

Deprived CitizenShip
Internally Displaced ( IDP )

Falun Gong Reports
United Nations Reports
Human Rights Reports

Falun Info. Center
Justice for Falun Gong
Friends of Falun Gong
United Nations
Asia-Pacific Hospital of Wuhan University Tortures Falun Gong Practitioners  
Print  E-mail 


Falun Gong Practitioners from Wuhan city, Hubei province, among them a female employee of the Asian-Pacific Hospital of Wuhan University whose family name is Peng, a graduate from Wuhan University and an employee of the second attached hospital of Wuhan University.


Location of Detention and Torture:


The Psychiatric Ward of Asian-Pacific Hospital of Wuhan University (also called Hubei People's Hospital), Wuhan city, Hubei province




1.      Wang, a manager of the Psychiatric Ward of Asian-Pacific Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan city, Hubei province

2.      Zhen, Head of the security department of Asian-Pacific Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan city, Hubei province

3.      Wang, an official in charge of Falun Gong issues, from Wuhan police station, Wuhan city, Hubei province


A Brief Description of the Incident:


When the Chinese Government banned Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, the security department of the Asian-Pacific Hospital of Wuhan University colluded with the Wuhan Police Bureau. In February 2000, they detained several perfectly healthy Falun Gong practitioners in the hospital. They had no intention of releasing them because these practitioners had gone to Beijing to appeal on behalf of others detained for practicing Falun Gong. They turned the hospital, a place that is supposed to save lives, into a hell on earth. An agreement was struck between Mr. Zhen (head of the security department of the hospital) and Wang (a manager from the police station of Wuhan city). Ms. Wang, a manager in the psychiatric department of the hospital, began to inject the practitioners with drugs that damaged their central nervous systems. Ms. Wang ordered the hospital security guards to tie the practitioners down and inject them with drugs for seven consecutive days. Then she changed the orders to thirty days of injections. She had also threatened to give drug injections for one year to anybody who does Falun Gong exercises. After the injection, Ms. Peng lost consciousness; these Falun Gong practitioners could not stand and nor could they fall asleep either. They were in extreme pain and this lasted for two months. To protest this inhuman treatment, they went on a hunger strike and were force-fed. Ms. Wang used a tube through their nostrils to force-feed the practitioners. It was done twice a day. Every time, she would deliberately re-insert the tube several times. Blood spilled all over the place each time the tube was pulled out.


type = Case, Psychiatric; type=Group, Psychiatric; location= Hubei, Wuhan

    ©2003-2007 Falun Gong Human Rights Working Group, All Rights Reserved